WHL Prospect Skills Combines
The Western Hockey League, in partnership with Okanagan Hockey Group have tested more than 25,000 players across Western Canada and the United States. The WHL Prospect Skills Combines is a two day event designed to assist high level minor hockey players with their skill development, ability assessment, and provide exposure to the WHL by participating in comprehensive on-ice & off-ice testing with state of the art equipment designed by Sport Testing Inc.
WHL Prospect Skills Combines are a two-day event focused on individual development, ability assessment, as well as education and exposure to the WHL. Each WHL Prospect Skills Combine includes:
- WHL Combine On-Ice Testing Session
- Complete the WHL Combine On-Ice Testing Standard and experience the same comprehensive testing assessment performed at all WHL Combine events, including the Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, WHL Team Testing, Provincial High Performance Camps, WHL U.S. Prospects Camp, Western Prospects Bantam Showcase and more.
- WHL Combine Off-Ice Testing Session
- Complete the WHL Combine Off-Ice Testing Standard and experience the same comprehensive testing assessment performed at all WHL Combine events, including the Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, WHL Team Testing, Provincial High Performance Camps, WHL U.S. Prospects Camp, Western Prospects Bantam Showcase and more.
- WHL On-Ice Development Session
- The WHL Development Session will be conducted by a development professional in their respective field. Learn about the latest player development trends and what you can be doing to take your game to the next level. This session will emphasize reaching your highest potential as an athlete and student of the game. Session topic and format will vary, based on event location.
- WHL Presentation with Parent/Player Q&A
- The WHL On-Ice Development Session will be conducted by professional instructors from Okanagan Hockey Group, the longest running hockey school in the world. This session will emphasize on-ice development in skating (speed, agility and power), skills and game performance.
- End of Camp Competitive Games
- What better way to wrap up a full weekend, than with two fast-paced games. During these structured games, the WHL Prospect Combine event staff will be on the bench providing constructive feedback, as well as in the stands taking notes for internal purposes. It is common for WHL Scouts to attend these games, however their attendance is not guaranteed by the event, and can vary based on event location.
WHL Prospect Skills Combines are an exciting opportunity to improve your individual development, gain a better understanding of your ability, and learn more about the WHL. Attending a WHL Prospect Skills Combine provides:
- This is an opportunity to experience and build your confidence in the WHL Combine Testing Standard. This year all four Western Provinces will test their top U15 & U16 athletes as part of their High Performance camps, as well as the U16 WHL U.S. Prospects Camp. The reality is, as a competitive hockey player, eventually you will be in a situation where you will have to perform the combine testing under pressure, with a weighted outcome. This is an opportunity for you to familiarize yourself with each test in a comfortable setting and enhance your testing efficiency and speed for future pressure packed events.
- After being tested players are given access to an extensive on-line database with over 25,000 athletes tested by the WHL Combines. Athletes can set filters within the database by gender and age, to see how they compare. Athletes can also review progress reports within each individual test to self-assess, pin-point areas of needed improvement and make adjustments to their own training and skill development programs.
- The test results for all WHL Prospect Skills Combines are shared with all WHL General Managers and Head Scouts to track and identify future prospects for the draft and their teams.
- Upon completion of a WHL Prospects Skills Combine, each athlete receives their very own on-line account, with access to:
- Athlete Report: This is provided after each completed WHL Combine testing event. It includes your individual results and combine comparative results to event peers
- Sport Pulse: This is updated after each completed WHL Combine testing event. It is a comprehensive progress report portraying your results over time, within each individual test.
- Access to WHL Database: compare your results to over 25,000 athletes tested with WHL Combines
- Access to Sport Testing Database: compare your results to over 50,000 athletes tested with SportTesting
Use your results to track your development progress, highlight areas of weakness, target your off-ice and on-ice training needs, and set goals for future testing events
WHL Prospect Skills Combines are a two-day event focused on individual player enhancement using a variety of development methods. The WHL Prospect Skills Combine event staff can include:
- Primary Staff: Full-time staff committed to the entire WHL Combine operation
- WHL Combine Testing Crew
- Western Hockey League Head Office Staff
- Secondary Staff: Part-time staff committed to providing leadership while sharing their hockey experience
- WHL Active Players
- WHL Alumni Players
- USports Active Players
- WHL Team Staff
WHL Prospect Skills Combine secondary staff will vary based on location. The WHL Prospect Skills Combine Staff is committed to ensure each participant receives a positive, memorable experience and takes with them a better understanding of key concepts in individual develop and taking their game to the next level.
It is common for WHL Scouts to attend these events, however they are not hired by the WHL Prospect Skills Combines Event Staff.
WHL Prospect Skills Combines are an exciting opportunity to improve your individual development, gain a better understanding of your ability, and learn more about the WHL. The following SAMPLE schedule provides a better understanding of the event. Time and order of events displayed below, will vary from your actual event schedule.
|Location||Birth Year||Date||Venue||Price (CDN)||Skater||Goalie|
|Winnipeg||2004-2007||March 30-31, 2019||Seven Oaks Arena||$379||Register||Register|
|Edmonton||2003-2007||May 4-5, 2019||Servus Credit Union Place||$379||Register||Register|
|Regina||2003-2007||May 11-12, 2019||Co-Operators Centre||$379||Register||Register|
|Calgary||2003-2007||May 25-26, 2019||Flames Community Arenas||$379||Register||Register|
|Vancouver||2003-2007||June 1-2, 2019||Richmond Olympic Oval||$379||Register||Register|